Android devices have native support for Office 365 email, but you also have the option to download and install the popular Outlook for Android from the Play Store.
Steps for setting up the native Gmail app
Different phones have slightly different options, but these should be suitable as a general guide.
- Go to settings -> Accounts -> Add account and choose Exchange and/or Office 365 or launch the GMail app.
- Enter your email address and password
- You may be prompted to approve a redirection and administrative rights to the mail server
- If you are prompted for server setings, ensure the server is set to Outlook.Office365.com
- If all is correct, you should receive confirmation and emails should start to flow.
If you receive a password error, it would be a good idea to first go to https://outlook.office.com/ and try to log in with your email address and password. If the password shows as incorrect, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 350 1391 to have it reset.
If you wish to use the Outlook app, you can download it from the Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en_GB.
The steps for setup are similar:
- Install and open the app
- Choose get started and enter your email address and password
- Once connected, you’ll get the option to add more accounts, just press skip
- Setup completes.